Student Spotlight

Posted On February 25, 2013
Categories News, Uncategorized

Calvin Williams is a senior in the nursing program at Georgia State who exemplifies life as a GSU student!

What made you choose Georgia State for your college education?
I chose to attend Georgia State because of the level of diversity, location, and world class residence halls. Also, Georgia State currently has the second best nursing school in the state of Georgia, with a first pass national licensure exam rate of 97%.

How have you been able to pursue personal interests at Georgia State before graduation?
With over 350 student organizations on campus the opportunities for involvement are endless. Over the last four years I have been a student leader on campus involved in over 15 organizations, ranging from Nursing Students at Georgia State (NSGS) to Spotlight Programs Board. Each organization was tailored to my personal interest making the campus leadership experience one that I will use in my professional career.

What are your post-graduation plans?
Upon graduating from Georgia State University I plan to work as an Emergency Department Nurse at Children Healthcare of Atlanta Egleston. After working for about a year I plan to continue my education obtaining a Doctor of Nurse Practice with a concentration in Acute Pediatric Practitioner. However, my ultimate goal is to become a Chief Nursing Officer of a Pediatric Hospital Facility.

What is your favorite Georgia State memory?
This is a challenging question for me considering the endless memories I have made in my time at Georgia State. However, if I had to pick one memory it would be my very first Panther Prowl. The program was organized in a way that welcomed new students to the GSU community, which made my first impression of campus life unforgettable.

Is there any advice you, as a graduating panther, would give an incoming panther?
Every panther should know that Georgia State is a wonderful place to gain experience needed to pounce into the “real” world and leave a solid paw print. New panthers should know that Georgia State is a huge university with over 30,000 students, and it is imperative that one get involved on campus. Through the various campus organizations such as Freshmen Learning Communities you will meet peers that will help you navigate through your time at state.

vimeo youtube apple