ALD Freshman Honor Society
Alpha Lambda Delta is a national honor society that honors academic excellence during a student’s first year at college. Founded in 1924 at the University of Illinois, Alpha Lambda Delta has over 230 chapters across the United States and has initiated over 650,000 students.
Criteria for Membership
- Alpha Lambda Delta membership is open to all freshmen who have a 3.5 GPA or higher in their first semester of school.
- Students must be registered for a full course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree.
- An induction ceremony is held every year in April.
- Once initiated, the student becomes a lifetime member of Alpha Lambda Delta. Members may remain active in the chapter throughout college.
Offices are held by members while they are sophomores.
ALD Membership Invites:
- ALD utilizes the MyHonorSociety system to send e-mail invites to eligible members in early January.
- All eligible members will also recieve a mailed letter to the address on file with the Georgia State University.
Visit the ALD website.
For information, contact AlphaLambdaDelta.firstname.lastname@example.org