Branding Approval Process
Recent Policy Update: Supported by Student Fees must be used if the program or event has received any monies from student fees. Below the Supported by Student Fees line, studentaffairs.gsu.edu must be displayed. As we move forward into the consolidation, this item is considered high priority, and should be relative in size to other high priority items, such as your departmental web address.
All marketing materials created for departments or units within the Division of Student Affairs need to be submitted via email for approval prior to use. Please allow at least three (3) business days for the material to be reviewed and approved.
Editing copy is the responsibility of each department or unit. The branding approval process does not include copy editing.
All marketing materials, including flyers, posters, videos, PowerPoint presentations, screen images, forms, online documents, brochures, banners, t-shirts, and giveaways, must follow the university and division branding guidelines. Please download our Minimum Branding Checklistprior to submission for approval to ensure these guidelines are met. The items outlined below are the most common errors seen in the approval process:
- Every item that promotes or markets a unit or department within the Division of Student Affairs must use an official university departmental logo.
To ensure proper use of the departmental logo, download the LOGO-gistics Tips & Tricks file.
- Only one university logo per side and our departmental logos count as a university logo.
- Supported by Student Fees must be used if the program or event has received any monies from student fees. Below the Supported By Student Fees line, studentaffairs.gsu.edu must be displayed.
- A web address should always be listed to promote our new web address structure.
- Phone numbers use all hyphens so our users may click and call from their smart phones!
- The following ADA lines must be included on all promotional and marketing pieces that invite students to participate:
To request disability accommodations at this event, please contact Disability Services, 404-413-1560 or via email: email@example.com.
- The time should be formatted using the APA style guide (no zeros following whole hours, a.m./p.m. lowercase with periods, and a space between the number and the a.m./p.m.).
- If you are using an image, you must have written permission to use from the owner, owned by the department, downloaded from the university archive, and/or purchased from an image bank.
- Review your copy for university guidelines by visiting our Web Support page.
Please note: Every item, including re-orders, must get approval prior to use.