Print Media Requests
The Creative Services office within the Division of Student Affairs offers creative and strategic solutions for your student affairs marketing and communication needs. From constructing your message to framing it in eye-catching design, our skilled team partners with you to tell your story.
In certain cases, the projects are so large and far reaching that Public Relations requests that they create the projects with the cost being the responsibility of the requesting office.
It is our goal to try and accept as many projects as possible in order to minimize the price associated with third party work. However, because we offer this option to the entire division, we will not be able to accept incoming jobs that do not adhere to the request process. In this past year, we have far exceeded our projections of completed projects and the requests have steadily increased. Because of this, we will be adjusting the process periodically to increase productivity. It is probable that everyone will be responsible for generating his or her own work at times. That is why we continue to re-iterate how important it is to train a staff member on graphic design basics and utilize the many training options on campus.
Please note: The necessary training involved is timely and quite extensive and may be lost on student workers.
All services are available to only departments and units within the Division of Student Affairs at Georgia State University.
Print Media Requests Process:
- All requests for printed media must be made at least five weeks prior to the due in house date.
- A seperate form must be submitted for each request.
Please note: If you are planning to use the same artwork on several items such as a flyer, poster, PDF for upload to social media, or any additional items, it must be noted on the request form as each item is a separate file and requires the proper time allotment in our project schedule.
- The request will not be accepted without edited content that has been signed by both the requester and their supervisor.
The signatures are stating that the content has been edited and approved, and the requesting office will handle any and all changes to the content after this point. Because these projects are created with specialized software standard in the graphic design industry, and in most cases, custom fonts, it is likely that individual offices will not have the ability to edit the files.
- Contact information including web address, phone number, office location, and social media sites must be provided.
- If your program receives any funding from the student activity fees, indicate that the Supported by Student Fees line must be included.
- If students are being invited to attend a program or event, indicate that the ADA lines must be included.
Once the content is completed, if necessary, contact Gretchen via email to set up an initial meeting with a digital version of the content attached.