Did You Know?
Georgia State employees are often unaware of services and discounts available to them. Here are some developmental opportunities and benefits for personal and professional growth of which you may be unaware.
Learning & Development:
Lynda offers an online training library on such topics as animation, audio and video editing, software development, photography and graphic design as well as business productivity software and professional technology tools.
- Service is free to Georgia State University’s students, faculty and staff
- Earn completion certificates for completing online training
- New courses added weekly
Skillsoft (formerly Element K) is a complete online library of business and technology skills training in topics, such as strategic planning, marketing, leadership and accounting, desktop software, database configuration, application programming, project management and much more.
Skillport allows users to:
- Find topics easily using Skillport’s Search & Learn feature.
- Create and assign personal learning plans.
- Browse a complete catalog of business and technology professional skills training, with courses ranging from one hour overview to professional certification preparation.
- Complete interactive courses that include multimedia course content as well as pre and post tests for assessment purposes.
- Obtain knowledge building to recognized certifications on a variety of topics.
Human Resources (HR) Benefits & Discounts
Human Resources has a full site designed to provide you with the many benefits offered to you as a Georgia State employee, such as Benefits information, Learning & Development and Wellness & PERQS (pronounced Perks). Did you know that Faculty and Staff Assistance (FASA) is a program that offers confidential consultations, short-term counseling, assessment and referrals? The Panther PERQs Program is a partnership with local, statewide and national businesses that offer discounts or other incentives to Georgia State University employees and students with valid university identification cards. For more information about HR services, please visit Human Resources.
Discount tickets for movies, theme parks and other entertainment can be purchased at the Information Center on the first floor of Student Center East. Many are also sold online, and additional discounts may be available online. Some tickets are available only online. Buying tickets online allows you to print and go from any printer and have your ticket in hand whenever you need it. For more information, call the Information Center at 404-413-1850.
Recreation Center Membership is only $21 per month and can be done through payroll deduction!