Tau Sigma Transfer Honor Society
Chartered on campus in April, 2004 and founded at Auburn University in 1999, Tau Sigma is an academic honor society designed specifically to recognize and promote the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students.
Why Tau Sigma?
- Current lack of academic recognition of and motivation for transfer students.
- Enhances the reputation of all transfer students.
- Provides a common bond among transfer students.
- Springboard to more involvement in the college or university.
- Group formed to serve involving transfer students and the college or university.
Criteria for Membership
- Student must transfer with the equivalent of at least one full year’s academic credits.
- Student must have at least a 3.5 GPA in their first semester of study at GSU, or be in the top 20% of all transfer students in the first term at the institution they transferred from.
- Induction ceremony held every year in April.
- Once initiated, the student becomes a lifetime member of Tau Sigma. Members may remain active in the chapter throughout college.
- Offices are held by members while they are sophomores.
Visit the National Tau Sigma website.